Friday, May 22, 2009
it's not easy to make chicken look appetizing in pictures
if you're looking for something quick and easy to make with those recently featured roasted baby artichokes, try this simple chicken recipe. as i had said before, sometimes i have no plans made up for dinner and have to pick around the fridge and pantry until i find compatible ingredients. i'm not much of a casserole person and i don't like using leftovers to make a new dish, so it's hard for me to throw a bunch of things together and eat it for dinner...but i keep a few staples on hand for this reason. things like sun-dried tomatoes in oil, frozen chicken breasts, and panko are always at my disposal and this time, i just happened to have the end of a sleeve of goat cheese, too.
it's been a while since i posted raw meat. 'twas time.
goat cheese and sun-dried tomato stuffed chicken breasts
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp or so goat cheese
1 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomato
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c panko
salt and pepper
1. mix goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and a bit of salt and pepper
2. pound chicken slightly to even out and make a slice in the side, careful not to break through
3. stuff half the goat cheese mixture inside each breast
4. add salt and pepper to beaten egg and dip chicken in to coat
5. cover all sides with panko
6. bake at 375F for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink
could have browned a bit more, but i was starving
simple, easy, and tasty. the flavors really seep into the meat and it's always nice to cut into stuffed chicken and see the goodness. a great throw-together dish when you just can't think of anything more complex.
Labels: real food